Our Boulevard Property Inspections team is full of great people from different professional and educational backgrounds. We all provide a unique value to the company, and commitment to our shared professional values.
STEVE BARCUS – Lead Inspector and CEO
Stephen Barcus is committed to the built environment, and has been a student of it’s systems and their function his whole life. With over fifteen years experience as a tradesperson, a contractor, project manager, engineering consultant, and inspector. His goal is to effectively communicate, educate, and advise with precision and accuracy to clients of all technical levels.
Credentials and Experience:
- Certified Property Inspector (CPI) and member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
- Licensed and insured general contractor; owns and operates a construction consultancy, Olde City Builders LLC.
- EIT in Civil and Environmental Engineering,
- Professional member of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Co authored safety training programs for MIOSHA
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in American Studies and English; Bachelor of Science (BS) in Civil and Environmental Engineering; Graduate Certificate in Construction Engineering and Management
- Master of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering (M.S. eng.) candidate at Wayne State University (WSU), research background in professional ethics, construction defects, and new technology in construction.
CAITLIN RUGGLES – Business Administrator and CFO
Caitlin Ruggles manages our office, communications, schedules, and bookkeeping practices. She has a fascination for organizational systems, and a passion for human-centric management and business conduction. She believes that at the core of most things, the act of listening can save the world. After managing various businesses throughout southeast Michigan and doing a long stint of financial administration for a community-based arts-oriented non-profit focused on historic building preservation, she’s set her sights on listening to buildings and the people who need to know more about them.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Communications
- Associate of Arts
- 8 years experience working in finance and administration with local community non-profit focused on historic building preservation
- Over 7 years experience in business management
ZACK FEALK – Certified Inspector
Certified Inspector in training Zack Fealk has been working in the construction trades intermittently since he graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in Natural Resource Management. In those last 8 years he has spent time working on every part of a building, observing how they work, how to repair them, what failures and flaws are most common and why they occur. Zack is concerned that the inherently technical nature of inspections can be alienating to different customers, and is motivated to define a new higher standard of inclusive, respectful, and clear communication.
THOR BROVOLD – Certified Inspector
Certified Inspector in training Thor Brovold comes to the home inspection business by way of firefighting. He spent the last 4 years training and active as an IFSAC Firefighter, US Forest Service Wildland Firefighter, EMT, and HAZMAT Operations First Responder. Thor has a keen eye for safety hazards in the home and workplace, as he has seen first hand just how devastating the results of a neglected building system can be. He is a student at Wayne State University, preparing to enter the School of Social Work, and is interested in the intersection of a safe home, and the mental and emotional comfort of the occupants. He lives in Detroit with his dog Precious Eddy.